GSA Sources of Supply and Services & Eligible Activities
Do you and your sales team know who your GSA customers are?
Acquiring a Schedule means that you are now a part of GSA’s “Sources of Supply and Services” – that’s a seal of approval for any procuring agency that your company has been vetted and your service/products have been found to be “Fair & Reasonable.” So let’s start winning opportunities…but who can buy what you sell?
Eligible Activities (also used interchangeably as Eligible Ordering Activities) are defined as organizations that have been authorized by statute and/or regulation to use GSA’s Sources of Supply and Services pursuant to 40 U.S.C. 501 – 502. Eligible Activities are broken down into discrete listings of subcategories and will define the organization’s limitations and accessibility to GSA’s MAS Schedule program. Per GSA Order ADM 4800.2H, the existing Eligible Activities are:
- Executive Agencies (see Table 1);
- Other Federal Agencies, mixed-ownership Government Corporations, the District of Columbia, qualified nonprofit agencies for the blind and other severely handicapped for use in making or providing an approved commodity or service to the Government, and state and local governments for certain Federal supply schedule purchases, including use for disaster recovery purchasing (see Table 2);
- The Senate, the House of Representatives, and activities under the direction of the Architect of the Capitol (See Table 2);
- Other organizations authorized under the authority of 40 U.S.C. 501 – 502 (See Table 4); and
- Other statutes for specific organizations to include: certain educational institutions; foreign governments; Entities authorized under the Foreign Assistance Act (FAA); and Non-appropriated fund activities (See Tables 2 & 3).
The following tables list your Eligible Activities by the sub-categories identified above. Please note that these listings contain most authorized customers eligible for purchasing from GSA’s sources of supply; others may be included reference to the designations or added at a later time. We will add and remove any activities as appropriate. Certain organizations have also been determined to have specific designations and limitations to GSA and therefore not accessible to every GSA contractor.
If you have a customer that is not identified in this listing, you may contact the point person indicated in the opportunity or your GSA Contracting Officer. You may also direct organizations not authorized to purchase from GSA’s Sources of Supply and Services to the Office of Governmentwide Policy. Additional Inquiries by phone (202) 208-0291 or may be mailed to the Office of Governmentwide Policy at:
Attn: Office of Acquisition Policy (MV)
1800 F Street, NW
Washington, DC 20405
Please feel free to contact ColeyGSA with any questions you may have. Thinking about acquiring a MAS Schedule and joining GSA’s Sources of Supply and Services? Do you already have a GSA Schedule and need some assistance in marketing products and services to the government? Contact ColeyGSA and see how we can help.
Table 1: Executive Agencies
Listing includes: executive departments; wholly owned Government corporations; and independent establishments in the executive branch of the Government.
Table 2: Other Eligible Users
Additional entities allowed access to GSA Sources of Supply upon the ordering activity’s request. Some activities are limited to certain authorizations and include: mixed-ownership Government corporations; the District of Columbia; the Senate, the House of Representatives, and activities under the direction of the Architect of the Capitol; other organizations authorized under the authority of 40 U.S.C. 501 – 502; and other Federal agencies.
Table 3: Authorized Activities Pursuant to the Foreign Assistance Act – Section 607, 22 U.S.C. 2357
Table 4: Other organizations authorized under the authority of 40 U.S.C. 501 – 502
For over 20 years, Coley GCS has helped companies worldwide successfully win and manage more than $3 Billion in Government Contracts. We specialize in GSA Schedules but support any contracting vehicle. We build long term relationships with clients –many who have put their trust in our advice for over two decades.