What is the PSC Manual?
The PSC Manual is a collection of codes that the Government uses to classify your products and services.
These codes, much like other classification codes such as the NAICS (North American Industry Classification System) and GSA’s own proprietary SIN (Special Item Number) classifications. They are commonly used by the Government to classify your types of products and services. Classifying the acquisition under the PSC allows for further study and commonly used in databases such as in the FPDS (Federal Procurement Data System)
What updates does it include?
- Product codes on Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Federal Service Class (FSC) list changes have been updated.
- Service code names were updated to more modern terms.
- The addition of New Medical Services Codes, Category Q.
- The service code W070 updated to read “Lease or Rental of Equipment”.
- The reporting of environmental attributes has been added.
- Code changes reflect updates for technology and terminology.
- End dating of codes has also been added.
Senior Consultant with Coley GCS, LLC, a Government Contracts Consulting, Coaching and Training company. Published author and certified FedMap Coach with over 40 years’ experience working with Federal agencies and contractors.