Federal ContractorThe first requirement to become a Federal contractor is to obtain a Data Universal Numbering System (D-U-N-S) number. This is a unique nine-character identification number provided by Dun & Bradstreet (D&B). You must have a different 9-digit D-U-N-S Number for each physical location and different address in your company, as well as each legal division that may be co-located.

D-U- N-S Numbers can be requested from D&B at http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform. At the D&B site you may search to see if you already have a D-U-N-S number or request a new one. When entering your D-U-N-S number in the System of Award Management (SAM), enter only the numbers; do not include dashes.

One extra step you may want to take: As a result of obtaining a D-U-N-S number, you might be included on D&B’s marketing list that is sold to other companies. If you do not want your name or company included on this marketing list, you can contact D&B at 1-866-705-5711 to request your D-U-N-S Number be removed from the list.

Coley GSA’s expert consultants in government contracting can help you explore your options for becoming a federal contractor. Find out which different government contract vehicles are best for you. Are you ready to pursue a GSA schedule?

For more information on steps to becoming a government contractor contact Coley GSA by email: info@coleygsa.com or call 210-402-6766.

Connect With Coley


*What are you Interested In?

You have Successfully Subscribed! Someone from Coley will be in contact with you shortly.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This