GSA Proposed SINs on IT Schedule 70: Highly Adaptive Cybersecurity Services (HACS)
UPDATE: August 17th, GSA updated the Interact site stating the new “Highly Adaptive Cybersecurity Services” (HACS) SINs will be available starting October 1, 2016.
The following four SINS will be available:
SIN – Milestones
6/08/2016 – Request For Information (RFI) published to get vendor feedback.
6/13/2016 – Held industry day in Washington, D.C.
7/13/2016 – Held industry day in San Francisco, CA.
8/17/2016 – Draft solicitation is published on GSA Interact
9/01/2016 – HACS SINs are established and vendor evaluations begin.
All current IT schedule 70 holders that provide services within the scope of the above SINS are required to migrate those services to the new SINs.
The method or process of migration has not been stated, though past migrations have been handled through the modification request process and new substantiation may be required. If you need assistance with the modification process or would like to pursue adding new services to your schedule, contact a Coley GCS advisor for answers.
HACS Request for Information is Published
On June 08th, GSA published a RFI on the on the inclusion of a new Special Item Number specific to the dynamically evolving cybersecurity services environment. GSA has released the RFI with a two goals in mind; gain feedback from industry partners and better understand the current commercial practices of Cybersecurity services.
Cybersecurity issues are a growing concern for commercial and government, President Obama released a statement in February directing his administration to create a Cybersecurity National Action Plan (CNAP). The CNAP guidance and the directives of an October Memorandum M-16-04 for Cybersecurity Strategy and Implementation Plan (CSIP) provide GSA with an initiative to explore contract vehicle options for Cybersecurity implementation.
The Proposed SIN Scope includes:
- Network Mapping
- Vulnerability Scanning
- Penetration Test
- Phishing Assessment
- Wireless Assessment
- Web Application Assessment
- Operating System Security Assessment (OSSA)
- Database Assessment
- Proactive Hunt
- Incident Response
- Reactive Hunt
- Remediation Services
- Security Engineering Services including Post-incident or Post-Assessment Remediation
How Will This New SIN Benefit Cybersecurity Contractors?
The anticipated benefits of the proposed SIN include:
- Realignment of IT Schedule 70 Cybersecurity services to reflect the market and customer needs
- Consolidation of Cybersecurity services will allow government buyers to discovery and access government contractors easier
- An additional avenue for IT Schedule 70 industry partners to more easily differentiate Cybersecurity services from other IT offerings Access to Improved Cybersecurity services data to include sales reporting and visibility for IT Schedule 70
Government Buyers to Benefit from the New Cybersecurity SIN.
The anticipated benefits of the proposed SIN include to government customers include:
- Ability for customers to access information on Cybersecurity services in one location to perform market research and acquisition planning;
- Added value to GSA’s customers – GSA provides a high-level-vetting of what technologies and industry partners are available through the HACS SIN.
If you provide cybersecurity services it is recommended that you read and respond to the posted RFI in FBO so you can help them understand how partners are selling cybersecurity services today on IT Schedule 70. Contact Coley Government Contract Services if you have a questions about GSA. Federal contracting vehicles, or Government Contracting (Federal, State, or local) in general.
Vice President for Coley GCS, LLC, a Government Contracts Consulting, Coaching and Training company. Daniel is a Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM) and leads the day-to-day operations of Coley’s consulting practice. He has two decades of experience with the acquisition, management, and marketing of Federal, State, and Local government contracts. Daniel specializes in all aspects of GSA Schedules management and marketing and has helped hundreds of Coley clients remain compliant with the terms of their GSA contract while helping them expand their business.