In November 2020, The General Services Administration (GSA) Federal Acquisition Service (FAS) will issue GSA Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) Solicitation 47QSMD20R0001 to incorporate a few new changes. Following the release of the solicitation refresh, all GSA contractors will receive a subsequent mass modification email with instructions on how to accept the latest solicitation.
It is important to accept the mass modification as soon as you are able both for compliance and to ensure any product modifications do not get held up waiting for the mass mod to be accepted.
The new solicitation will incorporate the following changes:
- Incorporate a new Section 889 “Part B” Representation Requirement in the System for Award Management (SAM).
- Section 889 “Part B” is the Representation Regarding Certain Telecommunications and Video Surveillance. Each federal contractor must certify that they are not using any banned telecommunication equipment or services. New FAR clause is FAR 52.204-26
- The telecommunications representation was incorporated to the last refresh of the solicitation as a GSAR, this latest iteration is making it a requirement for contractors to complete the representation in SAM and removing the GSAR clause that was implemented last refresh.
- Remove GSAR 552.204-70 Prohibition on Contracting for Certain Telecommunications and Video Surveillance Services or Equipment.
- Update vendor templates for Agent Authorization Letter and Request to Hold Continuous Contracts.
- GSA has created seven (7) new Special Item Numbers (SINs) under Large Category H – Professional Services:
|Proposed SIN Number||Professional Services Proposed Subcategory||Proposed SIN Title|
|562910RMI||Environmental Services||Environmental Remediation Services – Multiple Industries|
|541330EMI||Technical and Engineering Services (non-IT)||Engineering Services Related to Military, Aerospace Equipment, or Military Weapons, the National Energy Policy Act of 1992, Marine Engineering and/or Naval Architecture|
|541715AIR||Technical and Engineering Services (non-IT)||Engineering Research and Development for Aircraft, Aircraft Engine and Engine Parts|
|541715APM||Technical and Engineering Services (non-IT)||Engineering Research and Development for: Other Aircraft Parts and Auxiliary Equipment, Guided Missiles and Space Vehicles, Their Propulsion Units and Propulsion Parts|
|541713||Technical and Engineering Services (non-IT)||Research and Development in Nanotechnology|
|541714||Technical and Engineering Services (non-IT)||Research and Development in Biotechnology (except Nanobiotechnology)|
|541720||Technical and Engineering Services (non-IT)||Research and Development in the Social Sciences and Humanities|
- Modify 2 existing SIN descriptions
- 562910REM SIN description will now include the statement “Remediation services encompassing three (3) or more industries/NAICS codes, where the preponderance of work is at least 50% under NAICS 562910, should be solicited and performed under SIN 562910RMI.” The intention of this addition is to more clearly differentiate 562910REM from 562910RMI.
- 541690 SIN title and description will be changed to help more clearly differentiate the work performed under this SIN from work covered under any other subcategories or SINs on this Schedule. The new title and description will be: “Technical Consulting Services – Services include providing advice and assistance on technical domains and issues not covered by any other subcategories or SINs on this Schedule. Typical associated tasks include, but are not limited to: strategic planning, feasibility analysis, requirements determination, policy interpretation and support, process analysis and/or development, research studies, testing (other than laboratory testing), and program analysis.”
- Modify 2 existing SIN descriptions
Vice President for Coley GCS, LLC, a Government Contracts Consulting, Coaching and Training company. Daniel leads the day-to-day operations of Coley’s consulting practice. He has two decades of experience with the acquisition, management, and marketing of Federal, State, and Local government contracts. Daniel specializes in all aspects of GSA Schedules management and marketing and has helped hundreds of Coley clients remain compliant with the terms of their GSA contract while helping them expand their business.