GSA recently posted they were on-ramping Pool 2 Certified Public Accountants, Tax Preparation, and other Accountants of the OASIS Unrestricted Contract. Now, GSA OASIS Small Business has announced an upcoming on-ramp opportunities for three Pools:
- Pool 1 – Advertising, Public Relations, Project Management, and Consulting
- Pool 3 – Engineering for Military and Aerospace Equipment and Weapons;
- Pool 4 – Research and Development (R&D) in Biotechnology, Physical Engineering, and Life Sciences; <!–more–>
The Pool 1 Presolicitation Notice is now available on FedBizOpps! The final solicitation will be available on or about September 9, 2018. For the other Pools, GSA has not provided a release date more precise than “fourth Quarter of Fiscal 2018.” We will continue to monitor FBO.gov for any solicitation releases and keep you updated here.
You should be aware that OASIS has been designated a “Best In Class” contracting vehicle by OMB and agencies will feel pressure to use this vehicle more in the future.
While we wait for the solicitation, it is a good time to evaluate if OASIS is the right fit for you. Below are a few key factors and requirements to be awarded the OASIS contract:
Total obligated Sales FY2015-FY2018
Pool 1 — $1.8B
Pool 3 — $757M
Pool 4 — $442M
Important Requirements to Consider for the OASIS SB Solicitation:
- Awards are made based upon a points-scoring method. Vendors essentially self-score themselves by assigning points to their Past Performance examples (chiefly among other criteria). The Government verifies the contractor information and awards the points. The companies with the top points scores are awarded.
- Companies tied at the lowest acceptable score will be awarded a contract.
- Past Performance must be as a Prime on a Federal contract during the past 5 years, wherein the performance has been scored as a 3 or above.
- Socioeconomic factors will not be taken into account other than to ensure that there are at least three companies (including existing and newly awarded companies) in each pool in order to assure competition among the socioeconomically designated companies—WOSB, SDVOSB, 8(a), HUBZone.
- Pricing will only be determined to be fair and reasonable or not. Direct Labor rate ranges will be provided. Companies will calculate an hourly bill rate from the direct labor rate = overhead = 7% profit.
The idea behind OASIS is that it allows for Integrated Services rather than focusing on one area such as IT or Management consulting. The OASIS “On Ramp” release will provide for an opportunity for “40+” new companies to receive OASIS Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) in three areas or “pools,” as defined by NAICS codes or Product Service Codes (PSCs). The final number of new contract awards has not yet been determined. The On-Ramp this fall will be for Pools, 1, 3, and 4. Pool 6 will not be open for the onramp.
OASIS Pool 1
($14 Million Size Standard)
Geophysical Surveying and Mapping Services
Public Relations Agencies
Surveying And Mapping (Except Geophysical) Services
Media Buying Agencies
Administrative, Management and General Management Consulting Services
Human Resources Consulting Services (2007), Human Resources and Executive Search Consulting Services (2002)
Marketing Consulting Services
Direct Mail Advertising
Marketing Consulting Services
Process, Physical Distribution,and Logistics Consulting Services
Other Services Related to Advertising
Other Management Consulting Services
Marketing Research and Public Opinion Polling
Environmental Consulting Services
All Other Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
Other Scientific and Technical Consulting Services
OASIS Pool 3
($35.5 million Size Standard)
Exception A–Engineering for Military and Aerospace Equipment and Military Weapons
Exception B– Engineering for Contracts and Subcontracts for Engineering Services Awarded Under the National Energy Policy Act of 1992
Exception C–Engineering for Marine Engineering and Naval Architecture
OASIS Pool 4
(500 Employee Size Standard)
Research and Development in Biotechnology
Research and Development in the Physical, Engineering, and Life Sciences (except Biotechnology)
Since the OASIS release date is coming up fast, you can be sure that Coley will be watching carefully for the new OASIS solicitation to hit the street and be ready to provide informed and timely consulting to companies interested in and qualified for an OASIS contract. If you have any questions, feel free to reach us directly at 210-402-6766 or by email at [email protected]
Published author with 30 years’ experience working with Federal agencies and contractors, including proposal development and project delivery.