There are several significant changes coming for vendors on the schedule. Key among the changes is the incorporate of Executive Order 14206 Increasing the Minimum Wage for Federal Contractors. Contractors will be required to ensure all employees are paid the minimum rates identified in EO 14206. You can read more on the impact and how to prepare for this Executive Order on our post: Understanding the Executive Order on $15 Federal Minimum Wage.
This change may require vendors to review current GSA rates and submit a modification to increase those rates to ensure minimum wages are paid. GSA requires rate increases to be submitted and awarded through the GSA modification process. We have helped thousands of vendors accomplish increased rates and prices.
The refresh makes the following changes to the overall MAS Solicitation:
- Includes the modified FAR 52.222-55 clause to implement Executive Order 14206 Increasing the Minimum Wage for Federal Contractors.
- The refresh revises language to update SCP-FSS-001 to clarify that remanufactured items are permitted under certain SINs.
- Includes the updated Service Contract Labor Standards (SCLS) Wage Determination.
- Replaces clause I-FSS-163, “Option to Extend the Term of the Contract (Evergreen) (APR 2000)” with the new clause, “552.238-116, Option to Extend the Term of the FSS Contract. “
Changes to Specific Subcategory and SINs
- THe refresh combines SINs 541513 and SIN 561210SB. Items under SIN 541513 will be moved to SIN 561210SB. SIN 541513 will terminate on 03/31/2022 and SIN 561210SB will have an updated title.
- It revises the Packaged Furniture Subcategory instructions.
- Contractors will need to establish schedule-level Contractor Teaming Arrangements (CTAs) within the Packaged Furniture Subcategory to meet the order requirements.
- Lastly, the refresh makes administrative changes to the SIN OLM (Order Level Materials) description.
Mass Mod #10 will be released in March 2022. The mass modification will include a link to the mass mod page where vendors can access and accept the modification. Solicitation acceptance is required of contract holders and may require the upload of a revised GSA price list.
Coley GCS has provided over 20 years of support to companies looking to get on GSA Schedule with assistance navigating through the entire process of creating an offer, and updates to contracting vehicles. Coley also provides contract compliance and management services. If you have any questions on this GSA MAS refresh, or anything else regarding the GSA MAS Solicitation, feel free to contact us directly at 210-402-6766, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule a call to speak to our specialist on how we can support your government contracting needs.
Senior Consultant with Coley GCS, LLC, a Government Contracts Consulting, Coaching and Training company. Published author and certified FedMap Coach with over 40 years’ experience working with Federal agencies and contractors.