The GSA FAS Region 6 Heartland Acquisition Center (HAC) has awarded the Maintenance, Repair and Operations Requisition Channel Generation Two (RC2) awards. RC2 is the next generation of the current Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) Best In Class (BIC) Requisition Channel Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) solution (RC1).
RC2 is similar to RC1 by making it easy for agencies across government to buy maintenance and repair products and commodities. Purchases from this solution allow customers to comply with the following regulations/mandates:
- All contractors are AbilityOne-authorized distributors
- Products are Trade Agreement Act compliant
- Diverse socioeconomic contractor pool maintained, including women-owned (WOSB), economically disadvantaged women-owned (EDWOSB), and HUBZone small business concerns to assist with meeting small business spend goals
- Low or no minimum orders, minimal fees for orders under $25
- Sustainable features including Plastics Removal in Marine Environments (PRIME) for applicable NSN items, Comprehensive Procurement Guidelines (CPG) program compliance for applicable NSN items, as well as WaterSense, Energy Star, and more green offerings for Part Number items.
RC2 Has Some Improvements:
- Improved customer selection
- 14 awarded contractors versus 6 in MRO Requisition Channel Generation I (MRO RC1); customers will see a wider selection of the Tools and Hardware items needed to fulfill their important missions
- Part Number offering will grow from 800,000 on RC1 to over 3,000,000 PN items under RC2
- Higher contractor in-stock percentages; by avoiding a “market basket” quote submission format, contractors were free to quote to their core commodity strengths, leading to more focused offerings, better prices, and faster fulfillment times
- Improved pricing based on contractor core supply chain strengths; RC2 NSN awarded pricing averaged 20% lower than MRO RC1 NSN pricing
- Targeted delivery; faster required delivery (six calendar days versus six business days on MRO RC1) for higher-demand items
- Higher Performance Standards for a Better Customer Experience
- Option to impose financial penalties for contractors who fail to meet contractual terms for delivery
- Retaining the proven-effective enforcement mechanisms from RC1
- Item dormancy to quickly remedy performance or other supply chain issues
- East Coast-West Coast Awards; supply chain redundancy on NSN items ensures higher order fulfillment percentages versus “single source”
- Offsets for incorrect marking/labeling
These Contractors Were Awarded Under RC2:
- American Kal
- BZ Defense
- Document Imaging Dimensions
- Mono Machines (Supply Chimp)
- Noble Sales
- Pacific Ink
- Premier and Co
- Supplies Now
- The Office Group
- W.W. Grainger
- Wright Tool
MRO RC2 is set to go live on November 9, 2021.
If you are interested in pursuing a contract like MRO or getting on the GSA Schedule, Coley GCS is able to assist you every step of the way. You can reach out directly at [email protected] or by phone at 210.402.6766.
Vice President for Coley GCS, LLC, a Government Contracts Consulting, Coaching and Training company. Daniel is a Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM) and leads the day-to-day operations of Coley’s consulting practice. He has two decades of experience with the acquisition, management, and marketing of Federal, State, and Local government contracts. Daniel specializes in all aspects of GSA Schedules management and marketing and has helped hundreds of Coley clients remain compliant with the terms of their GSA contract while helping them expand their business.