Prepare for the upcoming changes headed your way.
Posted on GSA Interact earlier this month, GSA has announced that Refresh #16 is headed our way with more regulatory changes being made to the MAS solicitation. Contract refreshes, or Mass Modifications, are administrative modifications that occur whenever the solicitation has been updated with new regulatory changes. GSA requires that all schedule contractors, in most cases, review and accept the new and existing terms and conditions of the latest solicitation.
When will Refresh #16 be released?
On the heels of Refresh #15 released earlier this year, this update is looking to be released sometime in May 2023 to all GSA Schedule contractors. In a GSA webinar held on 4/20/2023, it was stated that the MAS community should expect Refresh 16 to be released on 5/12/2023.
What’s inside Refresh #16?
If you are a Joint Venture deciding to apply for a GSA Schedule contract, then this update was for you. Most changes from Refresh #16 include new requirements for JVs and integrate these new terms into the GSA Schedule’s standard terms and conditions. The changes to JV language will clarify how JV’s will be reviewed and accepted through the GSA schedule program.
Significant changes include restrictions on JV partners holding more than one GSA schedule and that each partner can hold no more than three JV contracts with other partners.
The new JV instructions can be found embedded all throughout the solicitation’s instructions for new offerors (SCP-FSS-001). In addition to the new offeror requirements, the solicitation is adding a specific JV Solicitation Attachment and provides a comprehensive checklist of all JV requirements.
Other upcoming administrative changes that apply to all new offerors and existing GSA Schedule contractors include:
- Incorporating the latest SBA Size Standards into the solicitation, effective 3/17/2023.
- Adjustments to threshold based on inflation and standard annual increases
- Note: some large businesses may now be small – a modification to your contract will be required to make this update
- Changes to the Price Proposal Template (PPT) for both Products and Services
- Updated instructions for JVs
- New tabs for TDR and non-TDR submissions
- Incorporating the latest clauses and provisions pertaining to the Federal Acquisition Circular (FAC) 2023-02 and GSAR Change 164.
Special Item Numbers (SINs)
Special Item Numbers (SINs) are GSA managed industry classifications that all GSA Contractors have on contract. Refresh #16 has made many changes to the following that all entities, new offerors and existing contractors, must be aware of so that they can make the appropriate adjustments to their offers or existing contract.
- SIN 561210FAC Facilities Maintenance and Management: Integrates the SIN’s subgroups into the SIN instructions.
- SIN 541690E Energy Services: Removes Energy Savings Performance Contracts (ESPC) references from the SIN’s description.
- SIN 337121P Packaged Household Dormitory and Quarters Furniture: Maximum Order Limitation (MOL) updated to $250,000.
- 337127P International Packaged Furniture: MOL updated to $250,000.
- SIN 33721P Packaged Office Furniture: MOL updated to $250,000.
- SIN 339113P Packaged Healthcare Furniture: MOL updated to $250,000.
- SIN 332510C Hardware Store: Removes “Contractors submitting an offer under this SIN shall include your complete storefront(s).” from the SIN’s description.
- SIN 54151HEAL Health IT Services: Clarifies current instruction regarding the SIN’s Relevant Project Experience requirements.
- SIN 517410 Commercial Satellite Communications Solutions (COMSATCOM): Clarifies current instruction regarding the SIN’s Relevant Project Experience requirements.
- SIN 492110 Package Delivery and Freight Trucking: Additional elements added to the Price Proposal Template regarding MFC requirements, Service Description, and the GSA Rate with respect to the Industrial Funding Fee.
- SIN 492110SB Local Courier Delivery Services: As described above, but also incorporates procedures regarding GSA’s Freight Management Program.
- SIN 485 Ground Transportation: Additional elements added to the Price Proposal Template regarding MFC requirements, Service Description, and the GSA Rate with respect to the Industrial Funding Fee.
- 532111 Automotive Equipment Rental and Leasing: Additional elements added to the Price Proposal Template regarding MFC requirements, Service Description, and the GSA Rate with respect to the Industrial Funding Fee.
- SIN 531110 Long Term Lodging: Additional elements added to the Price Proposal Template regarding MFC requirements, Service Description, and the GSA Rate with respect to the Industrial Funding Fee.
- SIN 561599L Lodging Negotiations and Management Services: Adds the definition of “meals” to the Statement of Work.
Update your calendars! GSA will hold a webinar (no registration required) about Refresh #16 ahead of the May release and hopefully will address any unanswered questions. The conference will be held on 4/27/2023 at 1 PM EST and may be accessed here. These rooms fill up fast, so be sure to join the teleconference early to secure your seat.
Our Coley GCS Representatives will also be there, but we also encourage the MAS community to attend and learn together. See you there!
Coley has over 20 years’ experience helping thousands of companies obtain and maintain their GSA Schedule. Let us know if you have any questions regarding GSA Refresh #16. Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 210-402-6766 or schedule a time that is convenient for you.
Julio is a Senior Consultant with Coley GCS, LLC, a Government Contracts Consulting, Coaching and Training company. Julio has over 10 years’ experience helping companies succeed with their GSA schedules.