What is the latest release from Schedule 51V?
Many current and potential GSA schedule vendors have been anxiously awaiting to hear the latest release from Schedule 51V.
March 1, 2016 GSA announced they will be reopening GSA is reopening Schedule 51V SINs:
- 105-001, Hardware Store, Home Improvement Center, or MRO – Store Front;
- 105-002, Hardware Store, Home Improvement Center, or MRO Catalog;
- 550-001, Tools Powered; 600-001, Tool Boxes, Tool Cabinets, Tool Chests, and Tool Holders;
- 613-001, Tools, Non-powered; 834-100, Commercial Coatings, Adhesives, Sealants and Related Services; and
- 834-500, Stains, Varnishes, Sealers, Shellacs, Lacquers and Related Services.
The above SINs have been closed since the release of the Maintenance, Repair & Operations Supplies (MRO) FSSI, February 2014. There have been no explanations to why GSA has reopened the SINs, but it was expected that, similar to the Office Supply schedule 75, that the SINs would remain closed for the life of the MRO FSSI. As originally stated by GSA:
“GSA has temporarily postponed the following Special Item Numbers (SINs) for Schedule 51V to new Multiple Award Schedules (MAS) offers for the next 24 months, effective with Refresh 16, dated January 13, 2014. At the end of the 24 months, GSA will evaluate and reassess the effectiveness of the program. The closing of the SINs support the Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative (FSSI) and the upcoming awards if the BPA’s for Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO).”
Vice President for Coley Government Contracting Services, Dan leads the day-to-day Consulting Practice. He has more than a decade of experience with the acquisition, management, and marketing of Federal, State, and Local government contracts. Daniel specializes in all aspects of GSA Schedules management and marketing and has helped hundreds of Coley clients remain compliant with the terms of their GSA contract while helping them expand their business.