GSA refresh No. 7 will be releasing to the MAS solicitation this month. All existing GSA Schedule contracts will receive a mass modification email to accept the latest solicitation changes. GSA Schedule holders will have 90 days to accept the Refresh #7 MAS Mod so our advisers reviewed the specific updates to each area and detailed changes below.
The primary Solicitation revisions are to the price proposal template and how it will affect specific large category offerings. GSA has determined that large categories and SINs that had unique price proposal template requirements could be handled through the broad Product and Services templates already in place. These changes will primarily affect any further modifications if you are under one of the affected SINs.
Additionally, GSA has made changes to some large category titles and SIN descriptions.
Details on the Overall MAS Solicitation Changes
A: Changes Applicable to Overall MAS Solicitation
- Revised format of the Available Offerings Attachment to the MAS
- A new format for the Available Offerings Attachment to the MAS Solicitation has been developed to communicate the overall structure of the MAS Solicitation and the key elements of each Special Item Number (SIN) more clearly.
- Various changes to the Price Proposal Template (Services, Products, Product Mods)
- All tabs – Improved consistency of language between all the tabs and clarity of instructions.
- Read Me First tab – Removed the language services other and language services translations instruction
- Pricing Terms tab – Removed Minimum Order Requirement, Government-wide Commercial Purchase Card, and Security Clearance
- Substitution Matrix, and clause 552.216-70. Added % of gross sales element which is relevant information of the CSP-1 and quantity/volume discounts element. The escalation rate cell (F1) was changed to 0% and linked to cell B1 of the Fixed Escalation for Services tab.
- Services Pricing tab – Added dropdowns where needed such as security clearance and a column for substitution for degree matrix. Removed Required Licenses or Certifications column.
- Fixed Escalation Tab – Removed Current Market Rates and GSA % Basic Discount columns, added ‘Contractor or Customer Facility or Both’ column, linked cell B1 to cell F1 of the Pricing Terms tab
- Language Services-Translation & Language Services-Other tabs were removed from the Offer Services and Training PPT and are now category specific. This PPT, titled ‘SINs 541930 Translation and Interpretation Services & 611630 Linguistic Training and Education’ will now be located under the “Templates to download, complete, and upload in eOffer (if applicable”) section on the- Available Offerings and Requirements.
- Incorporate clause and provision updates, as necessary, through Federal Acquisition Circular (FAC) 2021-06 and GSAR Change 132.
- Technical amendments will be applied to the following clauses to make corrections to the body of the clause:
B: Changes Applicable to Specific Large Category, Subcategory or SIN
D) Human Capital Category
- Background Investigation Subcategory (D01): Revise SIN 561611 – HR Support: Pre-Employment Background Investigations. The title of the SIN will be revised from “Pre-Employment Background Investigations” to “Background Investigations”. The description will be revised to expand the scope of the SIN to include background investigation services that occur at any time (no longer limited to pre-employment activities).
(F) Information Technology Category
- Removing Non-TDR/TDR IT Offer and Modification Requirements Supplemental Price Proposal Templates for IT Category from Available Offerings and Requirements.
- GSA has determined that a unique Price Proposal Template (PPT) for offers and modifications under the IT Category is no longer necessary. Offers and modifications under this category will use the standard PPTs.
(H) Environmental Services Subcategory (H02)
- Hazardous Waste Disposal Services – The SIN 562112 will be modified to cover medical waste and pharmaceutical waste disposal
- Financial Services Subcategory (H03): Add new SIN 524292INS – Third Party Administration of Insurance and Pension Funds
- Pharmaceutical Processing & Insurance — New SIN 524292INS, “Third Party Administration of Insurance and Pension Funds” will be linked to NAICS This SIN will specifically include medical billing and medical coding services
- Technical and Engineering Services (Non-IT) Subcategory (H09): Add new SIN 541990 – All Other Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services (Non-IT)
- Miscellaneous Professional Services — New SIN 541990, “All Other Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services (Non IT)” will be linked to NAICS Services provided under this SIN will include professional, scientific, and technical services not covered under other SINs.
(J) Security and Protection
- Removing SIN 561612 Protective Service Occupations Supplemental Price Proposal Templates from Available Offerings and Requirements.
- GSA has determined that a unique Price Proposal Template (PPT) for offers and modifications under SIN 561612 is no longer necessary. Offers and modifications under this SIN will use the standard
(K) Transportation and Logistics Category
- Transportation of Things Subcategory (K05): Revise requirements for SIN 532111- Automotive equipment rental and leasing, Rental Supplemental Vehicle Program (RSVP).
- Transportation of Things Subcategory (K05) – SIN 532111- Automotive equipment rental and leasing, Rental Supplemental Vehicle Program (RSVP)
- This SIN will be revised to allow vehicles that are up to 4 years old and have up to 60,000 miles on the odometer. Currently, vehicles proposed under this SIN must be no more than 2 years old and have no more than 40,000 miles on the
Contractors, if you have any questions on how this refresh impacts your GSA Schedule and would like to speak to a consultant, please reach our directly to Coley GCS at [email protected] or directly by phone at: 210-402-6766.
Vice President for Coley GCS, LLC, a Government Contracts Consulting, Coaching and Training company. Daniel leads the day-to-day operations of Coley’s consulting practice. He has two decades of experience with the acquisition, management, and marketing of Federal, State, and Local government contracts. Daniel specializes in all aspects of GSA Schedules management and marketing and has helped hundreds of Coley clients remain compliant with the terms of their GSA contract while helping them expand their business.