*UPDATE: GSA released Solicitation Refresh 17 on July 20, 2023 and will apply to all contract holders. Solicitation refreshes trigger Mass Modifications that are mandatory administrative modifications to accept the latest terms and conditions.
What Changes are Expected in the GSA MAS Solicitation in Refresh 17?
In this refresh GSA will include updates to the SCP-FSS-001 to:
- Highly Competitive: Removes language stating that proposed pricing has to be highly competitive in order to be deemed fair and reasonable. This language was removed in Refresh 16, but is being completely removed in Refresh 17.
- Obsolete items: GSA periodically reviews product availability, if it appears that a product is obsolete GSA will request additional information from vendors or request deletion.
- 508: Removal of 508 standards notification from Section IX.
Many Joint Ventures (JV) have been actively pursuing GSA contracts over the last few years, but the instructions were never specific and created questions for some contracting officers. Refresh 17 will clarify the requirements that apply to Joint Venture entities and add a few more:
- Instructions for existing JV MAS contractors will be included in the Solicitation’s SF30 attachment – no further clarification is currently available.
- The JV solicitation attachment will be updated to clarify that it applies to both JV offerors and existing JV Contracts.
- JV partners can obtain only one MAS contract as partners
- Each JV partner can hold no more than three MAS contracts
- Additional size, ethics, and competitive confirmations are required
- FAS will incorporate the SBA Partnership Agreement (PA), signed June 2022. By establishing an 8(a) Pool under MAS for which only current 8(a) Program Participants are eligible. Contractors determined eligible and accepted by SBA will be added to the pool.
- For existing 8(a) MAS contractors, who are currently active 8(a) Program participants, FAS has offered those contracts to SBA for acceptance into the 8(a) pool. A Modification will be issued to all existing 8(a) contractors accepted by SBA. Contractors must accept this Modification in order to be placed into the 8(a) pool and to be eligible for 8(a) awards.
- For new 8(a) offers, and 8(a) contractors seeking a MAS contract award who are currently active 8(a) Program participants will be offered to SBA for acceptance into the MAS 8(a) pool, at the time of their offer. Once determined eligible and accepted by SBA, the contract will be added to the 8(a) pool upon award of the MAS contract.
- Includes new “Tik-Tok” clause per FAR Case 2023-010, effective June 2nd, 2023 – FAR 52.204–27, Prohibition on a ByteDance Covered Application, to implement the requirements of section 102 of Division R of Public Law 117–328, and its implementing guidance under OMB Memorandum M–23–13.
Reference the GSA Green Procurement Compilation to clarify sustainability requirements
GSA MAS Refresh 17 Changes to Specific Large Category, Subcategory, or SIN:
- Office Management (A): SIN description has been updated
- OS4 Business Rules has been updated to clarify sustainability requirements
- Facilities (B): SIN description has been updated
- Facilities Maintenance and Repair (B01): Revisions to SIN 561210FAC – Facilities Maintenance and Management – included “offered or” to SIN description
- Industrial Products (E): SIN instructions note has updated language
- Hardware and Tools (E04): Revision to SIN 332510C – Hardware Store, Home Improvement Center, Industrial or General Supply Store, or Industrial Maintenance Repair and Operations (MRO) Distributor – Catalog – removed requirement that contractor must be a hardware store, home improvement center or MRO.
- Professional Services (H): New subgroup added
- Business Administration Services (H01): Add a new subgroup, Program Evaluation Services, under SIN 541611 Management and Financial Consulting, Acquisition and Grants Management Support, and Business Program and Project Management Services — Add subgroup “Program Evaluation Services”
- Transportation and Logistics Services (K): The “highly competitive” language has been removed
- Package Delivery (K03): Revision to required Template for SINs 492110 & 492110SB Local Courier/Messenger Delivery Services
- Transportation of Things (K05): Revision to required Templates for SIN 485 – Ground Transportation and SIN 532111 – Automotive Equipment Rental and Leasing – Rental Supplemental Vehicle Program (RSVP)
- Travel (L): The “highly competitive” language has been removed
- Employee Relocation (L01): Revision to required Template for SIN 531 Employee Relocation
- Lodging (L02): Revision to required Template for SIN 531110 Long Term Lodging
Refresh 17 Webinar
GSA will hold a webinar (no registration required) about Refresh 17 ahead of the May release and hopefully will address any unanswered questions. The conference will be held on 6/28/2023 at 1 PM EST. These rooms fill up fast, so be sure to join the teleconference early to secure your seat. Our ColeyGCS representatives will also be there, but we also encourage the GSA MAS community to attend and learn together. See you there!
Coley has over 20 years’ experience helping thousands of companies obtain and maintain their GSA Schedule. Let us know if you have any questions regarding GSA Refresh 17. Contact us today at email@example.com, by phone at 210-402-6766 or schedule a time that is convenient for you.
Vice President for Coley GCS, LLC, a Government Contracts Consulting, Coaching and Training company. Daniel is a Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM) and leads the day-to-day operations of Coley’s consulting practice. He has two decades of experience with the acquisition, management, and marketing of Federal, State, and Local government contracts. Daniel specializes in all aspects of GSA Schedules management and marketing and has helped hundreds of Coley clients remain compliant with the terms of their GSA contract while helping them expand their business.