General Services Administration Expand Scope of Cybersecurity Services
The GSA IT Schedule 70 continues to expand its cybersecurity services offerings through the latest addition of Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) Tools. The new Special Item Number (SIN) 132-44 will be released in an upcoming refresh (#44) of the IT 70 solicitation.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) CDM program was originally a $6-billion GSA Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) awarded to 16 vendors and titled ”Continuous Monitoring As A Service (CMaaS). The CMaaS BPA’s scope included 15 Tool Functional Areas and 11 CMaaS Service Task Areas. GSA worked with the DHS to incorporate its CDM BPA program into the expanding GSA IT schedule through the addition of this SIN. The CMaaS BPA awarded in August 2013 is scheduled to end this year; thus, the transition of CMaaS to a new SIN under the GSA Schedule. GSA is hosting a webinar to discuss the new SIN on July 17 at 10am ET: https://meet.gsa.gov/cdm_sin/event/registration.html.
You can find fact sheets, solicitation notices, and instructions at: https://interact.gsa.gov/document/gsa-it-schedule-70-incorporate-continuous-diagnostics-and-mitigation-cdm-tools-special-item
List of GSA IT Schedule SINs Added in the Last Year.
- SIN 132-41: Earth Observation Solutions (EOS), contained in the June 2017 solicitation refresh (number 43)—provides geospatial earth observation technologies that include satellite- and aerial-based sensor data and imagery, worldwide data transmission, and a variety of other solutions.
- SINs 132-45a-45d: Highly Adaptive Cybersecurity Services (HACS)—includes Penetration Testing (45a), Incident Response Risk (45b), Cyber Hunt (45c), and Vunerability Assessments (45d).
- SIN 132-56: Health IT—includes connected health, electronic health records, health information exchanges, health analytics, personal health information management, innovative Health IT solutions, health informatics, emerging Health IT research, and other Health IT-related services
If you provide services or products that fall under any of the new SINs, make sure to submit a GSA Schedule Modification to add these to your IT Schedule 70 pricelist. If you are Coley Annual Management Client, modifications to your contract like the above are included in the your GSA Schedule Contract Management Services. To request so assistance, contact Coley GCS by email at [email protected] or by phone 210-402-6766.
Latest posts by Dan Coley (see all)
- Notice: Alleged Fraudulent Activity in SAM - April 24, 2018
- New Draft Records Management Documents Seek Industry Feedback - February 1, 2018
- New Sick Leave Requirement for Federal Contractors - January 29, 2018