Changing the way you submit your GSA Modifications
GSA has implemented a new process regarding the submission of your addition and Economic Price Adjustment (EPA) modifications for your schedule contract. These changes have recently taken affect for the following Schedule programs:
- Schedule 56: Buildings and Building Materials/Industrial Services and Supplies
- Schedule 66: Scientific Equipment Services
- Schedule 84: Total Solutions for Law Enforcement, Security, Facilities Management, Fire, Rescue, Clothing, Marine Craft and Emergency/Disaster Response
What IS CMOV?
This new process has been called the Contract Modification and Offer Verification (CMOV) Tool. It is intended to bridge the gap between GSA’s full adoption of the Forward Pricing Tool (FPT) and their existing processes. While the information being requested is generally the same as found within your modifications, be advised that you must obtain authorization from your Contracting Officer prior to submitting the modification in GSA eMod. This process will surely build on your communications with your CO, and expect at least 3 more days added to the submission to award timeline.
Upon receipt of the completed CMOV spreadsheet(s), your Contracting Officer will review the data for completeness and correctness with third party support. In addition to this validation, your CO will also provide the sheet to a third party so that a competitive pricing analysis can be conducted. Make any edits to your CMOV sheets as directed by your Contracting Officer until resolution can be obtained.
Find the templates and GSA letter for reference below.
If you need assistance with processing modifications or feel your time has more value when spent on managing your business, contact ColeyGSA for a quote for our services.
Latest posts by John Cardenas (see all)
- New Beta SAM.gov Will Merge 10 Existing GSA Websites - June 30, 2017
- New GSA 56, 66, and 84 Mandatory Submission Guidelines - April 12, 2017
- How to use Fedbiz Opps - November 8, 2016