OASIS IDIQ Contract Unrestricted on Ramp for 2018 for Pools 2 and 6
On May 9, 2018, GSA posted a pre-solicitation notice for an on-ramp for the OASIS indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) Unrestricted (UNR) 5-year contract for Pools 2 and 6, with the final solicitation being published on or about May 31, 2018. If past history is an indication, the solicitation responses will be due 60 to 90 days from the publication of the final solicitation, with awards following in late winter to spring 2019.
What is the OASIS IDIQ?
OASIS a large multiple award contract that was developed in response to the government’s need for a hybrid, government-wide acquisition vehicle. Since 2014, $8 Billion has been awarded through the vehicle; $3.3 billion in 2017 alone.
What OASIS Pools will open in 2018?
the OASIS program is divided into “pools” of discrete services:
- Pool 1 —Advertising and Public Relations
- Pool 2 —Certified Public Accountants, Tax Preparation, and other Accountants;
- Pool 3—Engineering for Military and Aerospace Equipment and Weapons;
- Pool 4 —Research and Development (R&D) in Biotechnology, Physical Engineering, and Life Sciences;
- Pool 5 a—R&D for Aircraft Parts, Auxiliary Equipment, and Aircraft Engine Parts;
- Pool 5 b—R&D in Space Vehicles, Guided Missiles, and their propulsion; and
- Pool 6 — Aircraft R&D
The current announcement pertains only to pools 2, accounting and 6, aircraft R&D.
Pool 2 will be awarded to an anticipated 15 vendors including Offices of Certified Public Accountants, Tax Preparation Services, Payroll Services, and other Accounting as well as Research in Social Sciences and the Humanities. $75 million in awards were made in 2017 through Pool 2.
Pool 6 will be awarded to an anticipated 2 vendors conducting Research and Development in Aircraft. $373 million in awards were made in 2017 through Pool 6.
As this on-ramp is under the OASIS Unrestricted contract both small and large companies will be competing for the open spots.
Understanding the Market with this contract:
OASIS is intended to meet the professional service mission requirements of all Federal agencies, including all organizations within the Department of Defense and National Security Community. GSA has signed Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) for the use of OASIS with the U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, Office of Defense Procurement and Acquisition Policy, the Department of Health and Human Services (in particular, the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services), the Defense Information Security Agency (DISA) and others.
If you qualify or are interested in this opportunity, we would urge you to register as an interested party on FedBizOpps. You may contact Coley GCS by email at [email protected] or by phone at 210-402-6766 if you have further questions.
Latest posts by JF Bierlein (see all)
- 2018 Oasis on-Ramp IDIQ - May 14, 2018
- Introduction to The SBA’s Mentor-Protégé Program - April 23, 2018
- Leverage your GSA Schedule for State & Local Government Sales - March 27, 2018